A master bedroom suite
in the style of the French countryside. From the American Cancer
Society Turn-of-the-Century Showcase Home. Luxury and comfort in the
bath... after a complete remodeling of the Master Bath.
What To Look For:
- The San Jose Mercury did a front page feature story
with full color photos of this restored 1906 Elegant, turn of the
century European mansion.
- Both fireplaces in the master suite were restored.
In the bath area a Greek key design cut out of limestone for the vanity
was again repeated in the floor in front of the fireplace hearth.
- Not shown - Three transoms were incorporated using
a fleur-de-lys in etched glass, adding to the ambiance of beauty and
luxury already existing within the home.
- The master bedroom cornice against the ceiling was a hand cut paper
border. The fireplace was covered with a hand painted folding screen
as was the mirror above with a triptych. After a century of aging
the mirror had lost it's silver backing.
- The yellow taffeta drapes are gently blowing out onto the patio while
breakfast in bed is being enjoyed to the sounds of Edith Piaf's opera,
taking in the views of the seven hills of Hillsborough.
|click images in the film strip to see a close-up of that image